Valley Of Flowers Uttrakhand
Valley Of Flowers Uttrakhand
Region : Garhwal Himalayas
Season : May – June, September – October
- Day 01: Arrival Delhi and transfer to hotel.
- DAY 02: Delhi/Rishikesh (340m) 224km (05hrs)
Transfer to railway station, train till Haridwar, visit bathing Ghat and transfer to Rishikesh, night in hotel.
Haridwar - is the gateway of pilgrimage, from time immemorial. Haridwar is one of the four pilgrim centre where Kumbha is held every twelve years. Most sacred bathing ghat is called Har-Ki-Pauri, or Brahma Kund.
- Day 03, Explore Rishikesh: “Sanctuary of saint and Sadhu”
Rishikesh, situated on the bank of river Ganga and surrounded on three sides by Himalayan ranges is a great pilgrimage centre of India. Visit Ancients temple ‘s and Ashram. At Trivani Ghat, Evening “Ganga Arti”, worship to holy river mother Ganga when pilgrims light a butter lamp with fresh flowers and offering to the Goddess.
- Day 04: Rishikesh to Joshimath, 250 kms. (1800 mtrs.) O/N in hotel.
Leave early, Stop over after 70 kms a Dev Pryag where confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda form Ganga. is a literal sense of birth place of Ganga ,Joshimath (Jyotrimath), winter seat of the Rawal Sahib of the Badrinath shrine.
- Day 05: Joshimath to Govind Ghat (1800mtrs) 18 kms,
visit Gurdwara and Temple of Pandukeshwar, night in simple hotel.
- Day 06: Govind Ghat to Bhyundar-2429 m–10 kms. 3:30 hours
Uphill well defined trail, visit Pandukeshwer, the temple built by king Pandu (the famme of Indian epic Mahabharata). Birch and Oak trees accompagne till camp site.
- Day 07: Bhyundar to Ghangria (3049 mtrs) 5 kms.
uphill zig-zag trail. 2:30h hours. Camping places is hard to find there fore a simple guest is available. however it is a scenic place.
- Day 08: Ghangria to Valley of flower (3355 mtrs). 5 kms.
2 hours trek one way Evening back to Camp at Ghangria. The wonder of this valley are its flowers plants, you find there differents branches of the same plants yielding flowers of different colors and varying fragrance, All these coupled with the fauna, comnbine to make a superb and harmonious ensemble
- Day 09: Ghangria to Hem kund (4329 m), 3 hours and back to Ghangria,
6 kms one way. one hours gradual walk, after ward steep zig-zag trails lead for next 2 hours till Hemkund. Sikh Guru Govind singh meditated here and seeked peace for his fortured soul. This lake is a great pilgrimage place for the sikh.
- Day 10: Ghangria to Badrinath, 26 kms.
Same way back till Govindghat, downhill trek for 3 to 4 hours, drive to Badrinath, night in Badrinath in simple hotel.Badri or Badri Vishal, giving rise to the resound chant of the devotees as they approach to the shrine ‘jai Badri Vishal ki‘ After visiting the temple stroll in the bazzar to feel the ambiance of colorful pilgrims crowd at the beneath of snowcaped peak of Neel Kanth (6957m), later visit to Narad Kund, hot spring water known as Tapta Kund).
- Day 11: Badrinath to Rishikesh. 230 kms.
Approx. Same way back.
- Day 12:By train to Delhi, transfer to hotel.
Day 13: Departure:
Full day sight seen, evening transfer to airport for Flight to onward destination.